Has tinnitus and is getting worse. Suggest treatment?

ENT Specialist
my husband has tinnius very bad getting worse is there dr who specializes in this in ns
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 42 minutes later

Thanks for posting the query

Tinnitus is a symptom of various underlying causes. Tinnitus is also described as 'crying of the dying nerves'.

The two chief causes in your husband which is giving rise to this problem are:
1. Working in the noisy environment.
2. Age related changes in the ear.

Both of these can damage the sensitive inner-ear nerve. And, the tinnitus is the indicator of the same. More the damage, the bad is the tinnitus.

My suggestion to you is to get in touch with an apt ENT specialist at your place who can help in this regard.

Your husband will require a re-evaluation of the hearing status and fine tuning of the hearing aid.

Hope this answers your query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon