Has small lumps attached to her thyroid gland. Concerned?

Dec 2012

hi my wife has to small lumps attached to her tyriod gland after the scan the doctor was concerned about the very small one and as concern about the larger is ther need to panick?
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Well I do not think you should panic

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

Most thyroid nodules are benign and her wife's doctor must have noticed an irregularity with the smaller nodule. Properly it is attached to a delicate lobe of the thyroid gland or it is likely another serious tumor order than just a nodule.
Her doctor's concern might just be due to location of nodule. The larger one might not be serious or located on a delicate part of the thyroid gland.
I do think you should panic. She might require just a surgical excision of the nodules.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah