Ask a Dentist   »  

Has severe lower back pain. Taken painkillers. Applied vicks. Should I need doctor's attention?

Hey! My wife age 30 has a severe lower back jaw pain for the last 5 hours. She's already taken 2 OTC painkillers and applied Vicks but to no relief. Possible to diagnose online or should I take her to the nearest hospital?
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is worthwhile to visit a doctor...

Detailed Answer:

Acute lower jaw pain may be due to dental infection or an impacted wisdom tooth. The exact cause can be made by close examination of tooth and radiological tests. Therefore it is worthwhile to visit dentist.

In the interim encourage her to continue pain killers. Warm compresses to the affected areas can be beneficial.

Hope this helps.

I wish your wife a speedy recovery.