Has severe abdominal pain. Taking antibiotics. Blood test normal. Suggest

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
My husband has had severe abdominal pain for 12 days and after taking anti biotics, undertaking blood tests and a sonic scan that failed to show anything unusual the local GP has referred him for a CT Scan on the NHS - how do I arrange a private CT Scan?

many thanks for you help

Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 36 minutes later
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
A private CT scan can be arranged by contacting the private hospital of your choice that provides this service. Most private hospitals do CT scans. You then follow their procedures which will be explained on their website to book the scan. This usually involves some paperwork. You are likely to need a referral from your GP or other medical practitioner. As you GP has already considered a CT scan necessary, I see no problem with him/her signing the referral for a private scan. Many private hospitals are able to provide a CT scan within a week or two of the initial request.
I hope this has been of help to you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger