Has several pimples with whiteheads on testicles. Do not itch but are sore. Suggest cream to heal it?

My boyfriend has several pimples with whiteheads on his testicles. They do not itch, but are sore. What could this be and is there a cream or ointment that can heal them?
Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to Health care magic.

Whitehead like pimples on testicles can be seen in following conditions,

1.Millia;It is a normal condition and need not to worry much.

2.Molluscum;It is a viral infection.It requires treatment since it is contagious.

3Lichen nitidus;It is a kind of eczema.

There are many other conditions but they are not so common.

Uploading a photograph will help in finding out the diagnosis .There is a facility available in this forum for uploading a photograph.I can guide you in a much better way after seeing photograph.

Till then you can try following measures.

1.Do not try to squeeze the lesions since they may get infected.

2.Do not apply any acid lotions since they may burn the skin.

3.It will be better to stop sexual intercourse for few days.

I hope we can continue the discussion once you upload a photograph.Take care.
Follow-up: Has several pimples with whiteheads on testicles. Do not itch but are sore. Suggest cream to heal it? 17 hours later
Dear Dr. Joshi;
Thank you for responding to my question.

I have viewed photos of Millius, Mulluscum and Lichen Nitidus and the pimples do not resemble in any way what my boyfriend has.

He has raised pimples with a whitehead at the tip of each red pimple.

I will forward a photo. I understand it is difficult to diagnose a condition without actually seeing the affected area, however l will not see him until this weekend. Will this be within the timeframe for you to answer my question?

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 13 hours later

Thanks for follow up.

If you think condition do not match to the things I mentioned earlier,We can think in a different way.

Just ask him if he had applied any antiseptic lotion for cleaning testicles,If yes,then there may be a chance of irritant dermatitis.

Other possibility is of candida infection.

And third one is of a simple non specific bacterial infection.

If diagnosis fits to any one of these,then we can treat him accordingly.Please ask him and let me know.

Forwarding a photograph is always a best option.

For discussion keeping open you can contact to customer care service,since in a routine they close discussion within 3 to 4 days.You can also top up and continue the discussion.

Waiting for reply.Take care.