Has screw in elbow and edge of screw is backing out of bone. What to do?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
my son has a screw in his elbow. The edge os the screw seems to be backing out of the bone. Is this possible? should we rush to get this screw out?
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can wait till complete healing of the fracture

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through the xray provided. Screw is in the correct position . Some backing out is common. We generally remove the screw after complete healing. You can wait till complete healing of the fracture.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and informative and I will be glad to answer any further query.