Has ringworm on feet, body, groin and face. On medicine and cream but no help. Suggest?

Thank you. My 35 year old son contacted what the dr. is calling "ringworm" This has been going on for over 3 weeks. He has been on numerous medications and creams and nothing seems to help. It is all over is body, feet, face, groin area, everywhere. He is at his wits end. Can you sugguest someone other that a dermotologist to treat him. Is this considered an infectious disease?
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Guru 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
U may need second opinion by another dermatologist

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for consulting HealthCareMagic!

I am really sorry for your son's ill health.
I personally suspect that it may mainly be due to infection or allergy. As it is all over the body, there is a possibility of it being scabies which is caused by a mite called Sarcoptes scabiei and is extremely itchy (however it usually excludes face).

On the other hand, if your son had observed that it has started after getting exposed to any strange thing or material, we might suspect allergy and in this case an Allergist will be of great help. But in my thinking, a second opinion from another dermatologist or an infectious disease specialist will be a good idea.

Hope I have answered your query. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
Wish you good health.