Has reoccurring enlarged lymph nodes under chin. Previous was type of lymphoma. Need to worry?

My 22 year old son has reoccurring enlarged lymph nodes under his chin. 2 years ago, a general surgeon removed two for examination. The first came back suspect for a type of lymphoma - but very minute chance. They examined the 2nd as a precautionary measure. The results were negative. Now two years later he has another in the same area. Not as large and moveable as opposed to fixed. Should we go back to the doctor?
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry things are fine.

Detailed Answer:

I am dr. XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your concerns.

The lymphnodes swell due to a minor infection, they normally harbor the white blood cells commonly known as soldiers for blood. Once infection occurs in any part it will increase the production of few blood cell and we find them as swollen.

No need to redo biopsy since it was done before 2 yrs ago. I would recommend if it would have been more than 5 yrs.
Hope it helps to calm your nerves.

Thanks for the query. PLEASE feel free to contact me in case of further concerns.