Has red rash on arms and back. On warfarin for DVT and flomaxtra for trigeminal neuralgia. Have allergy

Husband with red rash on lower limbs arms and back, worse on left side. On warfarin 4.5mgs for left leg dvt and pe, flomaxtra 100mgs, tegtertol 100mgs bd for trigeminal neuralgia, reducing dose of prednisone for severe allergic reaction. 25mgsbd for 3days, break of 2days then allergy returned, 25mgs daily for days, 12.5mgs for 3days, last day this morning
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 21 minutes later
From the list of medicines being used and description provided, I could think of few possibilities
Purpura which is non-blanchable (i.e. does not disappear on pressure) red colored rash due to extravasation of blood from the blood vessels. It can be seen with warfarin intake, as it is an anticoagulant. Steroids too can induce such rash.
Allergic rash as you have already mentioned. I would like to know the cause of this rash.
Drug rash or erythema multiforme or XXXXXXX XXXXXXX syndrome- these are drug induced. Tegretal or carbamazepine can induce the same. Any other drug too can do the same.

I would be in better position to answer, if you attach an image of the rash. You have a feature to upload the image by yourself on the right side of this query page. You may want to utilize it.
Hoping to hear from you soon.