Has recurring stomach problem. advised to take lebrax. Should I be concerned?

General Surgeon
My husband has a recurring stomach problem which recurs in the Fall and Spring. In the pass his Doctor would give him 'Lebrax' for this problem. Is there anything over the counter that will help?
Posted Sat, 14 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be IBS

Detailed Answer:
If all the investigations like ultrasound abdomen,Upper GI endoscopy are normal then it could be take high fiber diet and fruits.
I prescribe a PRE AND PROBIOTIC Capsule and antispasmodic tablets to my patients with similar complaints.