Has poly cyst, irregular periods. Suggested for follicular study. Injected hmg. Ideal day for intercourse? Precautions?

Infertility Specialist
we have crossed 4 yeas of marriage life. my wife has poly cyst problem and gets periods irregularly (every 4 months).my wife has undergone laproscopy for pcos(ovarian drilling) last month. this month doctor suggested for follicular study. 11th day right ovary a follicle size 13.5 X14.1 mm and edom is 6.7. on 15th day 21mm X 21 mm of right ovary and 7.5 mm edom. doctor has injectecd hmg on 15th day. what is ideal day for intercourse to conceive. what precautions has to be taken for higher success. please add you inputs
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

Thanks for your query. I read your query and understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Its nice to know you got good follicle developed which is ready to ovulate.

2) your doctor has given inj. hCG for follicles to rupture. The follicles rupture approximately after 36 hours of giving inj. hCG.

3) The best time to have intercourse is from after 36 hours of inj. hCG to 3 to 4 days in which time the egg is likely to be fertilized and implanted.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist