Has mood swings, irritated and frustated. Suffer from bipolar?

Yes, thank you, my husband will not admit he is bipolar, He cannot stand noise I can't play my piano, he watches
TV with out sound and it drives us all crazy! He mood swings, he has road rage, He turns off the heat in the winter
when it is really cold. He now goes and helps an old women with everything, because he hates living in town,
He gave me COPD-emphysema because he was a chain smoker, he has quit now! But leaving me on oxygen,
and I have never smoked! He won't stay home because he doesn't like to be around sick people. He is hyper-active
he can't calm down and rest. He goes to bed at six in the evening and sleeps tell six in the morning from hyper
activity. when we have company he takes over the conversation and talks and talks, lets no one else get a
word in. I am sorry this is so long, because I am so frustrated with him. THANK YOU

From my letter to you is my husband Bipolar?

Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
It is not too long but is quite strange but surely not Bipolar.
I can understand your suffering.
He seems to be suffering from moderate depression with an overlay of thought disorder.
There are good drugs available for managing such a problem with good results. Your psychiatrist will know the dose and regimen.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.