Has mitral valve prolapse. Experiencing severe palpitations and constant fluttering. Suggest immediate relief?

Dec 2012

my wife has XXXXXXX valve prolapse. she is currently experiencing severe palpatations and constant fluttering. this has been going on for almost two days. is there anything you could recommend for immediate relief?? thank u
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

At home there is nothing you can do besides letting her have a rest which I will not advise to do given that she is having palpitations and fluttering which could symptoms suggestive of atrial fibrillation or tachyarrhythmia which could be serious. I suggest you take her to the hospital or ER as soon as you can for immediate medical assessment and management. A cardiologist will also have to be consulted.

Hope this helps and wish you both the best.
Dr. Nsah