Has lumps in gland on neck. Having sore scalps. What could this be?

hi my son has lumps in his gland on his neck they are little and big he also has them on his head under the skin but also breaking out with sores over his scalp as well what could this be
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chicken pox or mumps

Detailed Answer:

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your concern.

Based on the information its sounds like a "chicken pox" or "mumps" It is viral infection and may be spread from his playmates and would like you to gather information if any of hip playmates has similar symptoms.

I will like to advice you to take him to a pediatrician and have it looked at, since i do not have means to visibly confirm the diagnosis.

If you have any other children please keep them away from him till the pediatrician has a look at soars. If he develops fever please give him over the counter fever medication till you manage to acquire appointment from your pediatrician.

I will like to know if he was vaccinated against chickenpox and was given MMR vaccine or not?

Thanks for the query, please feel free to contact me in case of any further assistance is needed.