Has low blood pressure. Reading 80/40. Feel tired and have cancer. Taking chemo treatment. What to do?

my husband has low blood pressure 80/40 was the reading this morning that is lower than usual he is usually right on,
lately he has been tired a lot he has cancer and is taking kemo treatments,

Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 1 hour later
Respected Ma'm
I understand your concern.
That reading of 80/40 mmHg is definitely lower, especially if this is not his usual BP. This becomes more important if he has fall in urine output, abnormal behavior, rapid breathing or lesser attentiveness.
Since he has undergone a chemotherapy for cancer now, there can be many reasons for this fall in BP. Please recheck the reading, if its still same, take him to emergency room (ER) to ascertain the cause for same. Any treatment can be instituted only after determining the cause of this fall in BP.
I would again recommend you to take him to ER right now.
Feel free to discuss further.