Has large hernia above belly button. How to overcome this?

Question
my son has a large hernia above his belly button and does hard work. He needs to see doctor, has pres. from hospital. But his insurance is from the state -United Health Care. Can someone help him? Do some doctors handle this insurance.? As I said before he works on putting new floors in. I am unemployed so I can not help him much. the hernia is the size of fancy scoop of watermelon ball.
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about the hernia your son has. Operating promptly on hernia is always good as it prevents possible complications. I understand how expensive this procedure is. Without insurance, you can be rendered broke for a long time unless you have a great job and pay package.

The good news is your son has got state insurance. Insurance is always accepted somewhere but not every where. The best way to know what they cover and what they don't cover, where their services are accepted and which doctors accept their policies can be best obtained from the customer care service of this insurance. You may be surprised that most doctors rarely handle this information. There is a special department that treats this.

Please, call the insurance company customer service and get a first hand information as per his policy. There is no where else other than this to be well and thoroughly informed on this.

This hernia repair procedure is relatively straight forward. Complications are rare and recovery is within a week. Stay relaxed knowing he's going to be okay shortly after getting his surgery.

I hope this helps. I wish your son a smooth road all the way though the surgery and recovery. Wish you well, too. Feel free to ask me other related questions to this if need be.
Dr. Ditah, MD.