Has itchy bottom and complains pain in stomach and legs. Given Zentel. What can be done?

Feb 2013

i have a 4.5 yrs son..he has itchy bottom and complains of pain in stomach , legs etc..we haven't dewormed in over a year..can i give him zentel and if so in whats dose
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Itchy bottom and intermittent complaints of pain in the stomach may be due to worm infestation.

Especially pin worm infestation is associated with itchy bottom.

As the child is not given deworming medication in the past one year, now you can give deworming drug like zentel.

But before giving zentel, I advise you to consult the pediatrician for examination of the child to look for signs of worm infestation like anemia and for prescription of the drug.

In a child of 4.5 years, the dose of zentel is 400mg (10 ml) single dose after dinner (for one day only).

Tell the child to keep his hands clean by frequent hand wash.

The leg pains are common in children around this age, especially during night and these are called growing pains.

Growing pains respond to gentle massage and stretching the legs.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification, please let me know.