Has intercourse after abortion. Will there be chances of ectopic pregnancy? Can I use birth control pills?

Question
hi
yesterday we had sex my husband used condoms but after removing i saw the liquid coming out and it stick to my outer part i had and abortion 6 week before so i dont know whether i have ovulated or not because i did not get my periods are there any chances of me getting pregnant ,i used the ovulation predictor kit it shows negative what does it mean.
will the lh value decreases immedaitely after ovulation or it will stay for hours or a day or so
will my hcg levels raise after ovulation?
if at all ovulation has happened how can i prevent pregnanacy
what is emergency iud can i go for it right now because i heard that u can take it after 5 days of unsafe sex ?
do i need to get my first period after abortion to go for iud is it necessary?

if at all i go for iud and ovulation has already taken place will there be chances of ectopic pregnanacy
can i use birth control pills now will they be effective.
Posted Sat, 4 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 35 minutes later
Firstly after a abortion its always difficult to predict ovulation unless your cycles regularise.You do have a chance for pregnancy.But for that you can of course take measures.Your beta hcg levels rise in pregnancy so thats a test that can be done.However,in your case the iud is a good idea if you dont want a pregnancy in the near future.You can have it inserted now.Its a device that is inserted in the uterus and prevents pregnancy. It may be copper based or hormones based.Either is available.Normally we insert it after the period but when its used as an emergency contracepitive it can be used immediately.Birth control pills are also an option but can be used only after your pregnancy test is confirmed negative.Another option is the emergency pill.Levonorgestrol 1.5mg to be taken within 72 hrs of sex.You will get bleeding within a few days and after that you need to adopt a more long term method of contraception.These are all prescription meds and you need a doctor's advice and prescription for them.I suggest that you see your doctor and do the needful.

Follow-up: Has intercourse after abortion. Will there be chances of ectopic pregnancy? Can I use birth control pills? 30 minutes later
but i had i pill immediately after sex now can i go for livonorgestrol as ipill is not 100% sure
i went to the doctor and asked about the iud but she says now we cant do anything let wait and see for 2 weeks
if i go with iud and the ovulation is in process what will happen to the egg whatt about lh value will it be negative immediately after ovulation or it will stay for one day or so
as i had sex yesterday by chance if i might have ovulated yesterday only will the lh be high because my ovulation prediction test is negative
if at all the sperm have gone inside they can stay for a week and if i ovulate tommorow or dayafter it is also risky

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 hours later
Ovulation occurs only when the LH levels increase and it may stay that way for a day or so,then decreases.If you ovulation prediction test is negative then the question of pregnancy doesnt arise.Dont take multiple pills.If you have take Ipill then you should have bleeding soon.The sperm can be active in the cervical canal only for about 48 hrs.So now,ovulation later wont cause a pregnancy.Wait for the bleeding if you have taken ipill.

Follow-up: Has intercourse after abortion. Will there be chances of ectopic pregnancy? Can I use birth control pills? 10 hours later
yesterday by lh result was negative when i tested it at 2o clock,today morning i tested at 8 o clock the c line was very broad and dark while the t line is very very slightly less dark then the c i think its positive what does it mean i am pregnant or i am about to ovulate

can i have ipill today also as i had it yesterday

if i go for emergency iud today and if the egg and the sperm are in process to form embryo what will happen to the embryo it will lead to ectopic pregnanacy

You may be about to ovulate but since you had sex 1 day ago,chances pf pregnancy are almost nil.If you have taken one dose of ipill,then dont repeat it.
Emergency iud can work also and it wont allow the embryo to form.So stop worrying about ectopic pregnancy.