Has habit of breathing through mouth while sleeping. Can lack of oxygen during sleep cause early bone ossification?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Can lack of oxygen during sleep cause early bone ossification ? or fusion? I breathed only through my mouth during ages 13 and 14 while sleeping at night...
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 12 minutes later
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
Lack of oxygen during sleep does not cause bone ossification or fusion. Mouth breathing can be common in children often due to enlarged adenoids or tonsils and does not cause this type of problem.
I hope this has helped you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger