Has gonorrhoeal infection and received a shot of Rocephin. Irregular spotting of blood and taking Ciprofloxin. Is there any other treatment?

Jul 2016

My significant other has a gonorrheal infection. She received a shot of Rocephin on 10/16 followed by five days of zithromycin. Most symptoms resolved.She felt like one of her bartholin glands was sore and swollen but even now that has resolved. The last couple days she did have an irregular spotting of blood. She was retested with a urine test last week and again tested positive. Her doctor gave her one Ciprofloxin pill 500 mg today. Is there any other treatment that needs to be taken at this time?
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
She has still residual infection .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your friend had gonococcal infection which got resolved with antibiotics.She had infection of Bartholene Gland too and now her routine urine test revealed presence of infection.

Infection of Bartholene gland always takes long time to get cured.

Please get urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive that infection can be controlled with appropriate antibiotic.

In the mean while continue taking Ciprofloxacin and switch on to appropriate antibiotic on getting culture report.

Ensure she cleans her genitals with warm water twice daily.

Avoid sexual intercourse till she is free from this episode of infection.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.