Has fractured nose, now suffering diarrhea and continuous pain on face. Suggest?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
My daughter has a fractured nose and was hit in the face with a soccer ball after the diagnosis. She is now suffering from diarrhea and continues to have pain in her face. Should she be checked for a possible hematoma?
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggest getting her seen by specialist.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
If your daughter was diagnosed with a fractured nose and then was hit by a soccer ball afterwards then she should be re-examined for any further damage to her nose.
The diarrhea is unlikely to be related to this injury.
I would suggest taking her to see a trauma or and ENT doctor to exclude any further injury. Paracetamol and Ibuprofen will help with pain relief.
Hope this is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,