Has fever, sore throat pain, nauseous after eating and feels tired. Suggest?

Excellent

Question
hello.. my husband has a fever on and off.. and sore throat pain... hes also getting naurous when he eats
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later

It seems like your husband has caught a viral fever or flu. It may be acute pharyngitis along with rhinitis. This is a common occurrence among people.

The treatment is supportive and symptomatic. Here are my suggestions:

- Firstly, you need to reduce the fever by giving your husband Acetaminophen every 6 hours. You could use Panadol for the same. It is available over the counter at your place.

- For the throat pain and cold, he needs to take anti-histamines like Zyrtec or Claritine. These both are available over the counter too. Please give it to him at bedtime for the next few days.

- He also needs supportive treatment in the form of warm saline gargles, steam inhalation every 6 hours, keeping himself warm, consuming pre-heated food.

With these measures, he must get back to normal in a couple of days.

I wish him quick recovery. Let me know if you have more concerns.

Follow-up: Has fever, sore throat pain, nauseous after eating and feels tired. Suggest? 12 hours later
thank u dr. shanthi. ill tell him to ry these things...
but he getting naursous after he eat..wat should we do about that?

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 13 hours later
It's my pleasure to help you.

The nausea is because of the flu by itself. It should settle down soon. Please give your husband bland liquid or semi-solid food until the time he recovers.

Take care!

Follow-up: Has fever, sore throat pain, nauseous after eating and feels tired. Suggest? 11 hours later
thank u dr.shanthi.. hes feelinmg better with no fever now.. just the weakness feeling from the flu right? hes been sick like 6 days now.. im giving him bland semi solid foods.. its helps ...

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Great!! I am glad your husband is doing well now.

Yes, the weakness would persist for some time. It should go away too in some time. Continue to give him bland semi solid foods until the time he recovers.

He should recover soon.

Take care!