Has fentanyl patches. Having pain in legs and back. Taking medicines for blood pressure. What can be done?

my husband got his fentanyl patches 50mg/hr stolen at home and can't get them refilled for 30 days so he is in the 2nd day of his detox he is angry, legs hurting and back hurting. he is in extreme pain I don't know what to do to help him. his dr. is a pain treatment dr. and she can't help. he doesn't have any insurance so he will suffer at home. he has meds for blood pressure and meds to help with nerves but seems not to help this. he can't eat or sleep if very high I can't afford but thank you any way he has a bad back which I know a lot of pain is from this is why he uses the med
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for the query.

Fentanyl patch is an opioid analgesic used for chronic persistent pain.
To manage the symptoms of your husband he needs a replacement if the patch is stolen.
With no medical insurance it is very little one can do to help the patient.
Your husband can switch to more affordable oral Opioid preparation for the time time being to overcome the pain.

Hope this answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.