Has enlarged prostate for years,frequent urination at night.Spotted bloods. Underlying cause?

Jul 2016

can prostate problem cause blood in the urine? My father has enlarged prostate for years,he has frequent urination at night ,about once every 2 hours.recently he spot bloods in his pant in the morning.
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 20 minutes later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your father has enlarged Prostate from many years and has noticed blood spots in his inner wares.

Benign enlargement of prostate is a ageing problem where benign tumour Adenoma is developed in prostate gland.These adenomas create an obstruction to urine flow resulting in to incomplete emptying of bladder that leads to increase frequency of urination and other symptoms like urgency,poor flow ,etc.

The bleeding that he has noticed is not uncommon and is due to congestion of the prostate due to increased vascularity of. the gland and rupture of one of the superficial blood vessel on the surface of the gland.

Please consult qualified Urologist for detail assessment and get him investigated thoroughly to decide the future course of action.whether to manage it on medical line of treatment or to go for endoscopic procedure like TURP.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.