Has eczema, skin on palms keep peeling, on Cel cept. Gets cleared but comes again. Suggest?

my husband has been dealing with eczema for over 4 months the skin on the palms of his hands keep peeling off in sheets he literally has no skin there. he is on cel cept for about 5 weeks and it started to clear up but it has come basck again and is worse than ever. can this ber more than eczema pleae help us we have been to 3 doctors and are now desperate
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Dyshidrotic Eczema

Detailed Answer:

Delighted to be able to help.

By the symptoms you refer, her husband suffers from Dyshidrotic Eczema
Dyshidrotic Eczema is a pathology localized on palms and soles with Peeling and fissures .The cause is unknown, complicating the treatment.

If we know that the hand contact with water, detergents or solvents or stress aggravate the injuries.
The treatment is performed initially with topical creams.
If symptoms do not improve, treatment by mouth is recommended:
-First with corticosteroids such as prednisone 30 mg per day.
-If the lesions do not respond to corticosteroids are used
immunosuppressive drugs as you refer (mycophenolate) or cyclosporine.
-If immunosuppressive drugs are not effective , are used monoclonal antibodies
as rituximab.
Treatment with immunosuppressive drugs and monoclonal antibodies may have
significant adverse effects,is needed constant medical supervision.
Your husband should go as soon as possible to your dermatologist to assess the most appropriate treatment for him.
Dyshidrotic Eczema is a chronic pathology but with referred treatments
improve the symptoms.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.

I wish you good health