Has done with health check up. What are the findings?

hi, today i went to walmart and sat on a health check machine and these were my results. and im 21yeard old are these results bad
142 Systolic 84 Diastolic 107heart rate
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 29 days later
I understand your concern regarding your blood pressure.
Ideally your blood pressure should be 120/80 or below.
If your systolic is between 120 and 140 and diastolic is between 80 and 90,then it is called as pre hypertension.
Although a single reading should never be considered as final and must be repeated at some interval.
If your blood pressure on successive readings on three occasions at 15 days or a month apart are in same range,then you can be labelled as pregypertensive.
No medication is given in such cases and person is advised to change his lifestyle,like...
Quitting smoking
Reducing weight
Doing regular exercises
Moderating alcohol
Proper sleep
Avoiding recreational drugs
Eating healthy like avoiding junk foods like pizzas,burgers and avoiding colas and consuming more of fresh fruits and green vegetables.
Normally such measures help in getting your blood pressure in normal range,in next 4 to 6 months.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck