Has developed painless lump in testicle, huge and hard. Have hernia in stomach. What could it possibly be?

yes, my husband has developed a lump in his right testicle. it is huge and hard as a rock. no pain, put ice pack every day do to it being hot. he does a hernia in his stomach. what do you think this could possibly be? THANKS
Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 48 minutes later

I understand your husband has developed and huge and hard lump in his right scrotum. Though the swelling is huge, the absence of pain concerns me. Can you answer few of my enquiries to help me understand his problem better?

I would like to know:
1. Since when did he notice this lump?
2. Did it start without notice or did it follow any trauma?
3. Is it hanging down when he stands?
4. Are you able to feel the upper border of the lump / does it have a clear cut upper boundary?
5. What type of abdominal hernia is he suffering from - Is it an inguinal hernia?
6. Is there any scrotal skin changes seen overlying the lump?

A good quality picture of the lump and right side scrotum can be handy. If possible please upload the good pictures directly using the site's uploader or mail it to YYYY@YYYY with subject as "Attn:Dr. Prasad".

I shall give my comments once I hear from you. Awaiting your reply...