Has dementia type symptoms, lost sight, experience hallucination and cannot concentrate. Suggest?

Hi my name is XXXXXXX i'm looking for a neurologist who can help
me with my wife she has dementia type symptoms. Must take humana military ins
Lost sight in both eyes while hospitalized. Hallucinate alot. confusion and concentration problems
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need some clarifications..

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
I can understand what you 're going through but I would be a needing a few clarifications before I can proceed to answer your query.
1. You statement "must take humana military inns". Can you please explain it in detail

2. Is she on any medications right now.
3. What kind of hallucinations does she have?
4. Any other medical issues?
5. Is there any forgetfulness?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Dr Srikanth Reddy
Follow-up: Has dementia type symptoms, lost sight, experience hallucination and cannot concentrate. Suggest? 37 hours later
Disregard statement 1. 2-medication included on previous request. 3- peoples, objects, animals. 4-all medical problem listed on previous request. 5- yes, thinks she stays at her grandparents house ( deceased long ago) Lost her eyesight reason unknown. Total confusion at times doesn't remember me or where she stay.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Delirium with XXXXXXX Bonnet Syndrome

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
The symptoms that you have stated with the kind of hallucinations (visual type) that you are describing, along with disorientation about the time, place and person suggests that your wife may be having a premorbid dementia but the current problem is her delirium.
Also the kind of hallucinations that she is having as she doesnt have both the eyes, suggests that it could be XXXXXXX bonnet syndrome. This syndrome is very commonly reported among the blind people.
The medications that you have stated doesnt have dementia medicines and she should be on memantine. This medication will prevent further deterioration of her memorry. She is already on quetiapine and the dose needs to be increased to atleast 100mg.
She should also be investigated for her complete blood count, serum Creatinine and serum electrolytes. The same are needed to rule out the organic causes for the delirium.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.