Ask a Urologist   »  

Has cysts on penis and depressed. Is there any cure?

My son has cysts on his penis that are ruining his life. He believes there is no cure and that he will never have a normal life. He is so ashamed and will never tell anyone he is dating. He says anyone who saw would think he has an std His family dr. said there is no cure. He is so depressed by this that I am afraid he might hurt himself over it. He is in a relationship and the girl is pushing for more intimacy but he thinks he will lose her if she sees his abnormality. Is there anything that can be done for him? The age and gender are for my son.
Posted Thu, 9 Aug 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 59 minutes later

Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX
Cyst in the penis is an extreme rarity.
Kindly request for a specialist referral.
He needs physical examination and they may be curable lesions or a normal variation.
If u can post some photos, i can also comment.
Pls take medical advice asap.