Has cylindrical power of -3 in left and -4 in right eye. Will the power reduce completely? Method to correct the treatment?

my daughter is just 3 years old and has cylindrical power of -3 in left eye and -4 in right eye.will her power ever reduce completely and is there any method to correct this impairment permanently.plz answer
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later

Your daughter has a myopic cylindrical vision. Unfortunately this is high and permanent. She needs to use glasses to correct the vision till she attain 18 yrs of age. After 18 yrs if the power does not progress and remain unchanged she can undergo LASIK procedure to correct the power.

It is important to use the glasses regularly to avoid complications in the child. I know there is a lot of parental concern held here. There is a lot stigma about this. You need to counsel the child before she joins the school.

Let me know if I can address further concerns.