Has bump on arm. Tried AB pill and AB ointment. What can be done?

my daughter has bump on her right arm...
it is size of quarter ...

we tried AB pill and AB ointment from other doctor...but still it is not going away...
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 10 hours later
I have gone through the attached image. Your child is having an abscess. It is basically a bacterial infection. To treat the same
I would advise that the child should take a better antibiotic like amoxyclav or a cephalosporin group antibiotic
Desonide is a steroid cream and has no role in treating an abscess. Instead I would advise that you do warm water compresses of the area thrice in a day and apply antibiotic cream like fusidic acid. Usually with hot compresses the lesion liquidify and drain pus leading to resolution of lesion. If the lesion does not resolve then incision and drainage can be done.
Hope that helped. Should there be any query, please write back.
Dr kalpana