Has bone cancer tumor and lung tumor which has shrunk in size. What are its effect on body?

My female friend has a bone cancer tumor, was about 4cm, now shrunk to 3cm & an edge of lung tumor which has
shrunk from 2.5cm to about 1.75 cm.

What effect are these two tumors having on her body/system?
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 59 minutes later
Brief answer...Both can cause various effects on your body.
Detailed answer...

Most likely, the lung cancer in your friend is a primary cancer while bone cancer is a metastasis from lung cancer.

Lung cancer can cause cough, chest pain, blood in cough, loss of appetite, headache, impaired memory, weight loss etc.

Similarly, bone cancer can cause bone pains, fatigue, weight loss etc.
I hope it helps however; you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Has bone cancer tumor and lung tumor which has shrunk in size. What are its effect on body? 8 hours later
Re the Lung Tumor - my friend has had no chest pain, cough, no discomforts. She had no signs at all that she had THIS tumor.

The left lower back tumor however caused her left leg to ache & that is when she it had it checked out. She does have fatigue & poor appetite.

A larger problem is that she experiences dizziness after she is up out of bed & this
appears to remain until she lies down again.

She has had a CT of her head - nothing was found, maybe low blood P. but that is OK & so is her Hemigloben level, about 90 %.

So follow-up question is: Can anything be done for this dizziness? Would the IRESSA be a possible cause. Gravol does not help.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 38 minutes later
IRESSA can cause loss of appetite and dehydration which can result in electrolyte imbalance and this in turn can cause dizziness and lightheadedness.
Associated carcinomas are also causing havoc to her body in addition to IRESSA. 
In my opinion,she should be given plenty of fluids including fruit juice,coconut water etc to take care of dehydration and electrolyte imbalance.
Due attention should be given regarding her nutrition,vitamins and supplements.
I think this should help her in her symptoms.