Has bicuspid heart ans sweat excessively. Related?

My husband has bicuspid heart ans sweats excessively is the sweating from the bicuspid?
Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in Congenital Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely not

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your concerns and the picture of your husband, he seem to be resting comfortably. The issue with bicuspid aortic valves is that they tend to get calcified quicker than a tricuspid or normal valve, and tend to narrow as time goes by, having the risk of causing a condition called aortic stenosis; he probably has had echocardiograms in the past, and as long as the aortic stenosis is not severe, it usually does not cause problems. I suspect that the bicuspid valve is not the cause of increased sweating; medication side effects, infections, thyroid hormones, etc should be entertained as possible causes of increased sweating.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN