Has aching stomach and is peeing every hour. Suggest?

My husband has aching stomach and is peeing every hour but only a little bit. He is very tired.
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs evaluation...

Detailed Answer:

If the ache is in the lower abdominal region, then this pain along with increased urination can be secondary to urinary tract infection.

If I were to be his treating physician, I would order for a urine routine and microscopy test along with blood sugar straight away. If pain is very severe, an ultrasound abdomen is also warranted.

Your local physician will know about this test. It will be worthwhile to consult him/her.

In the interim, encourage him to drink plenty of fluids.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Has aching stomach and is peeing every hour. Suggest? 6 minutes later
Thank you. I will take him to our Doctor Tomorrow morning.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome...

Detailed Answer:
Please keep him well hydrated. You can also give him plenty of cranberry/its juice. And if pain is severe, panadol can be used.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

If all your concerns are addressed, please close this discussion.