Has Epilepsy. Suffer high cholesterol. Medications are Phenobarbitone and liptor. Get stressed during exercise. What to do?

I am a fitness student studying the effects of medications on people. As part of our assessment of people we are to train we undertake a screening document to find out their health and fitness levels if any and if in doubt we refer them back to their doctor for assessment before recommending exercise.I have a male 43 years of age has Epilepsy [Tonic Clonic] has been siezure free for 10 months has a BMI of 30.24 and suffers from high cholesterol. His medications are Phenobarbitone and liptor. I would like to know if the high blood pressure puts him in the position of having a siezure if he gets to stressed during exercise.
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Usually not

Detailed Answer:

Epilepsy occurs due to electrophysilogical disturbances in the brain. High blood pressure is not related to such pathophysiology. Hence, I consider exercise in your client exercise may not trigger a seizure only through increasing the blood pressure.

High blood pressure in some susceptible individuals carrying aneurysms in brain can lead to stroke but a seizure is a rare occurrence.

Hope, I answered your query.