Hard to breathe, belching, feeling faint. History of abortion and panic attack. What do you think?

May 2013
Hello, I had a panic attack about 2 months ago, I was on antibiotics at the time, found out 2 days later that i was pregnant and this is probably why i had a panic attack due to being on the antibiotics whilst pregnant. 2 weeks later i had an abortion, ever since i have been having breathing difficulties as in shortness of breath, feeling sick, feeling dizzy, having difficulty going to the toilet, bad stomach ache, heart palpitations, hot and cold spells, I have been told in the past i may also have IBS? I am finding it hard to breathe every day now as well as feeling sick/ belching a lot and feeling very faint, it is really getting me down and i'm worrying it may be something serious, can you tell me what you think it may be please?
Posted Fri, 5 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 54 minutes later

The possible causes for your problem are:
-Anemia:The possibility of anemia is there if you last excessive blood during abortion or if you were anemic before that.
Anemia can result in breathlessness, palpitations, fatigue, fainting etc.

-If you undergone D&C for abortion there is possibility of infection which may result in pain abdomen, difficulty in passing stools etc.

-constipation and/or diarrhea etc.

Above conditions can also coexist.

So you once consult physician and undergo general examination and investigations like Hb level, differential count, ESR, Random blood sugar, stool examination and if he suggests thyroid profile etc.
With this basic workup the possible cause for your problem can be identified and treatment can be given accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.