Hard pimple on face, done facial. Afraid of nodular melanoma

Dear Doctor,

I noticed a hard pimple in my face. I cant remember having this hard pimple this morning.
I went to my beauty therapist this afternoon for a facial maybe that has something to do with
it. I'm affraid that it might be a nodular melanoma?
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 3 hours later
I would be pleased to answer your question .

Thanks for sending the photo across. I did check the photo and it doesn't look like nodular Melanoma however .
Your history of onset shows that you have developed in 24 hours which is very unlikely to be any malignant lesion .
It may be a oil gland infection or hair follicle infection . You will need to apply any over the counter antibiotic on that area .

However , if you feel you have been observing it since a few weeks , I would suggest you should also get it clinically checked from the Dermatologist to rule out other epithelial growth which may be sun induced .

Thanks and Take care
Follow-up: Hard pimple on face, done facial. Afraid of nodular melanoma 8 hours later
Dear Doc,

Could there be à link between my facial at my beauty therapist and this
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 42 hours later

I am sorry for the delay in my response.

It is possible that the infection is related to the facial you just underwent. There is nothing serious to worry here. Please give it 2 to 3 days time. You may apply topical soframycin ointment for faster healing.

You will be fine soon. Let me know if you have more concerns.