Hard painless lump on the cervix, Stomach pain. Diagnosed with pap positive aggressive cells. Need treatment?

Question
I just discovered a pea sized lump on the neck of my uterus (the tube).
I have been diagnosed in the past with something PAP + aggressive cells, however have not had the time to follow up (I am alone with my son, who has health problems too)
The lump is hard, but does not really hurt (a bit when I pressed on it, but it is a sensitive area down there :)
My stomach does hurt and I am uncomfortable, however it has been a general feeling (all over my stomach)
I some time feel sharp pain on the right hand side (like it is next to my stomach, under the lung)
What can it be?
Thank you
Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 12 hours later
Hello

Thanks for writing to us

Pea sized nodule on the neck of uterus means cervix which you can feel

You have mentioned tube but you can not feel the tube , you can see it under scan

As your pap's smear is showing aggressive cells so it is better to go for colposcopy and biopsy

CT scan is required to rule out the pain symptoms and any other lesion in the pelvic cavity

For stomach pain any ulcer is to be ruled out for which you need an endoscopy

Consult your doctor and get these investigations done

It can be a simple gastritis also

Please attach the reports if possible

Best wishes

Any further query is most welcome

Follow-up: Hard painless lump on the cervix, Stomach pain. Diagnosed with pap positive aggressive cells. Need treatment? 14 hours later
yes, it must be the cervix. It is hard, but there is no pain, just a bit sensitive when I pressed it.
I had a biopsy and this is what showed the cells, but it was 2 years ago and the pea sized bump is recent.
Do you believe it is an emergency, because I do not have the time at the moment. I have to take care of the baby.
Thank you so much and I hope you have a great day.

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 7 hours later
Hello

Dear

A pea sized hard nodule needs regular follow ups

If you are having contact bleeding or bleeding on touch then the chances of CIN or cervical intraepithelial neoplasia increase and it should be shown to a doctor as early as possible

Prevention is better than cure so you should consult your gynaecologist
May be it is a simple nebothain cyst or cerviacl erosion and nothing else but I can not comment till I have seen it

Erosion cervix can be treated easily with cryocautery which is an OPD procedure

Get the test done for HPV and get vaccinated for prevention

Best wishes

Any further query is most welcome