Hard painful lump between rib cage, had tummy tuck recently

General Surgeon
i have a hard lump betwwen my ribcage it hurts every now and then and i sometimes feel like its moving do you have any ideas

I also recently had a tummy tuck if it helps
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 3 hours later

Thanks for your nice query.

Hard mobile lump between rib cage in a women of 43 years which hurts now and then can be due to variety of reasons like Cyst, Hernia, benign tumor or many more.

Tummy tucks is not going to help you.

For better comment, I would like to know the size of the lump, whether increasing, stationary in size. Also duration of lump noticed, exact site of lump, any other sign & symptom along with occasional hurt, any loss of weight or appetite.

It will be nice on your part if you give more details for good medical advice. Also, please send across a picture of the lump if possible.

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction. Wish you speedy complete recovery at the earliest.

Dr. Bajoria