Hard painful bump on both foot. Suggest a solution

I have a hard painful bump that formed suddenly on mostly my left foot, bottom, middle of the top part of my foot, almost calloused, Its a bit the same on my right foot, but not near as bad. I do some dancing that requires bare feet, and that really hurts, With my shoes with orthotics in them, for work, I am ok, little discomfort, but I would like to continue dancing for pleasure. My chiropractor, who also specializes in orthotics, said to try soaking in Epson salts and rolling the painful part around on a golf ball....and if that didn't work to see a foot doctor. So far, it helps, but its still very painful, unless I have shoes on. Can you help??
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not cancer.Continue epson,rolling,NSAID. Shoes

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Thanks for using XXXXXXX
I went through your query and understand your concern.

Since the lesion is in both foot (But with different degree of involvement), most probably this cant be any cancerous lesion. So no need to worry for cancer.

This may be keloid that occur due to chronic irritation due to dancing or due to ill fitting shoes. These are firm, rubbery lesions or shiny, fibrous nodules, can vary in color and sometimes accompanied by severe itchiness, pain, and changes in texture. Intra lesion steroid injections can help in the symptoms prevention.

I will be little concerned if the part turns red, swelling and painful with fever, as they suggest infection. You may require antimicrobial to treat them.

For now continue using epson salts and rolling the painful part on the golf ball. Take NSAID (aceclofenac) with serratiopeptidase for pain and helps in reducing the inflammatory swelling. If the shoes are ill fitting then you may require to change it and keep soaking the lesion in warm salt water for 5-10 min every day and dry the area. This will help and if it progress or if you develop inflammatory signs then you are required to XXXXXXX foot doctor.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well.

Wish you a very happy life and good health.