Hard, non-movable lump on collar bone, coughing, back pain. History of lung infection, pleurisy, atypical pneumonia.

General Surgeon
I am a 46 year old female,smoker,(mom-breast cancer, father-angiosarcoma), I have a hard non movable lump on right collard bone next to throat. Coughing, pain in lower right back under rib cage and exhausted for 12 months. Diasngonsed with lung infection, pleurisy, atypical pneumonia caused by bacteria x 6 months ago.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 19 minutes later

Smoking is well known to cause cancer and many lung diseases like chronic bronchitis.

You have family history of breast cancer in your mother and angiosarcoma in your father.

Certain malignancies or cancers do occur in family and have genetic predisposition.

Keeping on mind your smoking habit and family history of cancer and signs and symptoms of coughing, pain in the lower right back rib cage and feeling of exhausted for the last 12 months, hard immobile lump on the right collar bone, it would be worth getting it investigated thoroughly.

So FNAC (Fine needle aspiration Cytology) or excision biopsy of hard immobile lump and CT scan of chest is desirable.

It will be nice on your part to contact your personal or family doctor for proper evaluation and investigation to rule out any serious illness.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery.