Ask a Urologist   »  

Hard mass appeared under penis shaft. Is it possible to remove this?

Question
Hello and thanks in advance for reading my query, for some time I've had a small 1/4" disc of hard tissue just beneath the skin under the shaft of my penis, it's not Painfull in any way and from what I've read it's not harmful but it is estheticly disagreeable, is it possible to remove?
Posted Sat, 23 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 16 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Yes , treatment is available for the removal of the mass. It is most likely fibrous scar tissue that has formed in that area.
The other alternative is a condition called peyronie disease but this is usually associated with pain and curvature of the penis.

Since it is a single localised area , then surgical removal is an option.
You can consider, if possible, making an appointment with a urologist for an assessment.
The procedure would be simple and should not require an extensive hospital stay.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions

Follow-up: Hard mass appeared under penis shaft. Is it possible to remove this? 25 hours later
Is this a form of Sebaceous Cyst?

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
Hi, no

A sebaceous cyst does not usually form in this area, this is normally found on the face , arms or trunk of the body, though in theory they can form on any aspect of the skin that has sebaceous glands. They may have a discharge since they are a collection of material.

Feel free to ask any other questions

Follow-up: Hard mass appeared under penis shaft. Is it possible to remove this? 3 hours later
What exactly is fibrous scar tissue and what would have caused this?

Scar tissue is tissue that forms in a particular area in the form of a scar, fibrous just implies that it is firm or hard to the touch because this is what occurs during the healing process.
Even minor trauma can cause this.

The only way to determine what it is with any certainty is to visit a urologist for a physical examination