Hard lumps on stomach and chest, not painful. Should I be concerned?

I have 4 hard lumps on my stomach and chest. One is the size of 3 peas (or a Lima bean) ant the others pea sized. They are not painful. I have had the big one for at least a year and the other come over the last few months. Should I be concerned?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

Any swelling over body needs further evaluation.

Based on your description and locations, its likely to be benign swellings such as a lipoma.

In any case, however, a clinical examination is recommended to rule out the possibility of malignant growths.

In my opinion, you must consult a doctor who can examine you. A careful examination is sufficient to differentiate benign from malignant.

A biopsy will be recommended for definitive confirmation..

Hope this answers your query.
Please get back if you need any further information.

Dr Kiran