Hard lump on the side of oesophagus. Should I be worried?
User rating for this question
Hi, I have just discovered a hard lump on the left side of my osephagus ( spelling? haha) If feels like a rock. It is NOT sore at all and does not bother me when I swallow. I am a professional singer and I would be aware of it if it was causing a problem with my voice...which it is not. There is NOT a lump on the right side. Just the left. It is as hard as a rock. When I swallow it goes away. Once i have finished swallowing it is back again.
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possibility of thyroid swelling Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing in to us. I have read through your query in detail. A lump in the throat which moves with swallowing is usually of thyroid region. You have mentioned that it DOES NOT bother you when you swallow but does move with swallowing. Considering your medical history indicating Hashimotos disease, my first suspicion will be a lump in the thyroid. The fact that there is no pain rules out any acute infection. Pain may be there in Hashimotos also but not always. I suggest you to get an ultrasound scan of thyroid done and compare the findings with any earlier ultrasound scan. There is a rare possibility of it being an non thyroid swelling like a lymph node. This will also be known on ultrasound. Talking about voice and lumps in the neck, there is a possibility of the lump affecting your voice and can cause hoarseness. This is important as you are a professional singer. Please consult your doctor immediately and confirm the diagnosis. Hope your query is answered. Do write back in case of doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek
People also viewed
- Hemorrhoid causes high crp ?
- How is the staph infection contracted bumps on the chest
- Cipralex lump in oesophagus
- Can i take cymbalta with oxyelite pro caffeine
- Fever body aches and light headed
- What should i do to feel comfortable in my oesophagus
- Cloudy vision in the corners after using contact lens reason
- Hard movable lump inside upper lip
- Feeling uncomfortable taking flucloxacillin pill is this normal
- Orange urine following flu
- Dry eye problem running eyes want second opinion
- Swollen oesophagus
- Flucloxacillin side effect pain in oesophagus
- Dry oesophagus
- I feel brain dead from smoking marijuana