Hard lump on scrotum. Pus comes after squeezing. What could this be?

I have a hard lump on my scrotum that came out of nowhere.. It is very swollen and has pus come out when I squeeze .. Does anyone know what this is?
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later
I have seen the photograph attached.
It seems to be due to an infected blocked gland.
First of all you need to clean the area. Wash it with savlon or mild soap and water and then remove the debris, dead tissue and pus from the area using a diluted hydrogen peroxide solution till you can see the red or pink colored tissue underneath it or active bleeding is seen. Bleeding helps in removing the infection and early healing.
Next apply bacitracin or neosporin or soframycin ointment or antibiotic powder over the area an cover it with a thin cotton cloth and preferably bandage it to keep the area covered to prevent it from further infections.
In the morning get it examined and go for a tetanus shot and the antibiotics required to control the infection after consulting your primary physician.
1. Take mild pain killers like acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
2. Hot compresses to the area will be useful pain relieving measure.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.