Hard lump on leg after injury, painful to touch, bruise extends to ankle, swelling

I suffered a hard blow to my left XXXXXXX over a week ago. There is a tennis ball sized, hard lump there now and it is very painful to touch. Bruising extends to my ankle and some swelling.
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 30 minutes later

The swelling and the lump you have on the involved leg is a clear indication of Magnesium sulphate dressing would get the swelling and inflammation reduced without causing any problem.

Since the soft tissue injury also appears as it could be due to underlying bone fracture.I suggest you to visit an Orthopedician who can order for an Xray and apply cast if necessary.

Meanwhile do take Tab Motrin 400 mg twice daily for three days , this will reduce the pain considerably.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you speedy recovery.