Hard lump on forehead and around eye. How to get rid of this?

I have a hard lump that began on the right upper forehead as a 1 inch bump and spread to the entire forehead and around the right eye?
Posted Fri, 11 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
thanks for sending your query to us.
This looks like infection. To be certain,there should be some tenderness and pain around that region and there may be some redness and that area may feel to be warmer than surroundung region,
You are already using Doxycline for 6 days.There are two aspects If the above factors are positive and apparently this is infection ,then this infection is not responding to doxycycline ,that requires a change of antibiotic.
Since that area has soft tissue ,swelling spreads around the region .
A change of antibiotic and additional anti infllamatory should be useful for you.
Please do get back to me if you have any further query.