Hard lump on clavicle, swollen lymph node on neck, itching in arms and groin area. Any solution?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2014
Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
I have a grape size hard mass on my left clavicle that doesn't move. It doesn't hurt but aches sometimes. I'm also having itching, tingling and aching under my arms and in the groin area. I feel like my lymph nodes on my neck are swollen and it sometimes makes my ears hurt. No fever, no trama, and it's been going on for several weeks. I feel like I have less energy than I did a couple months ago and overall I just don't feel well. Sometimes the left collar bone and the lump will itch and/or tingle too.
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later

It is very hard to say without physical examination what cause exactly your condition. You need properly physical assessment to determine exactly location, size, consistency, examine local signs of this nodule.

From description, it seems to be benign bony outgrowth.

Your migrated pain and discomfort ( neurologic symptoms) to different parts of body associated with “flare up” sensation are explained possible by compressing or stretching nerves or/and irritating local bursae.

I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination. You may get the X-ray of the area affected under his/her guidance to reach the diagnosis.

Hope this information helps you. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.

Wishing you good health...

Regards.
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.