Hard lump on arm, missed shot of meth. Cause?

Question
I shot up meth 3 weeks ago and " missed" and now have hard lump on my arm. It does not hurt and is not red or feels hot its just a hard lump that has not gone away. I can't afford to go see a doctor or take time off work to do so. What should I do
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Drug Abuse

Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

You have provided me with good information.

If you had injected meth over the muscle area instead of the vein, you might have developed a lump over the injected area. Both the cut and the drug itself can cause inflammatory changes or infection which can damage tissue or even develop an abscess.

The lump may be a small localized infection at the injection site or fibrosis caused by the Intra muscular injections.

You can apply a hot water bag over the area. This may help in restricting inflammation and reducing the lump. Since you do not have pain or reddening over the area, there is no need of medications.

If the lump becomes hot, itchy or painful to touch, you should see a doctor. Do not attempt to drain it yourself.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.