Hard lump near rectum, painful, no bleeding. Prescribed Rabiplus and Esgipyrin. Kindly advise

hi doctor,

This is quiet an uncomfortable question, i have developed a hard lump near my rectum, it causes a lot of pain and is very uncomfortable, things like passing stool and urination are painful when i contract muscles during this process there is no bleeding though. i have visited my family doctor who gave me injection on the buttocks and prescribed me Rabiplus-D and esgipyrin,kindly advise.
Posted Tue, 25 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 14 minutes later

Your symptoms arise suspicion of gluteal abscess. Usually causative factor is bacterial infection.

Treatment with antibiotics for infection and painkiller to relive pain would be helpful. If this fails to resolve, it is always suggestible get such abscess drained completely or else the nidus infection remains within the undrained portion and it can lead to recurrence.

I hope I have been helpful to you, Please ask if there are any doubts.

Thank you. Regards
Follow-up: Hard lump near rectum, painful, no bleeding. Prescribed Rabiplus and Esgipyrin. Kindly advise 24 hours later
hi doctor,

Thanks for your diagnosis, could you please suggest some medications that can reduce my pain and discomfort.Also if decide to drain the abscess how long will it take me to resume my day to day activities.your advice is much appreciated
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 10 hours later

You can take agumentin Duo and ibuprofen for this.
You can resume lighter work within two days of drainage and total work may be in a week's duration.